Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cooking Night 6: Sinfully Simple Tomato Bisque and Classic Grilled Cheese Sanwiches

Location: San Marcos

Recipe: Tomato Bisque

Ingredients:

1 (10 3/4 onces) can condensed tomato soup
1 (14 1/2 onces) can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (or black)
2 teaspoons smoked paprika

Garnishes:

Graded sharp cheddar or Parmesan cheese
Toast slices or coutons
Fresh basil or parsley sprigs
A dash or two of Tabasco sauce

Directions for Tomato Bisque:

 In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients and stir frequently, heating to desired temperature (do not boil). Remove from heat. Pour into soup bowls and garnish as desired.

The experience:
I have been so behind on this blog! Only by a week but still. Last week was super hectic at work (I work at a flower shop) for Valentine's Day so of course I didn't have anytime to make a receipe. Luckily, my boyfriend Dan was a sweetheart and made me dinner that night for Valentine's Day (our first meal he ever made for me: steak with garlic sweet potatoes which I will have to post the recipe!)
Then this past weekend I had recruitment ,other known as rush week, and I got myself sick.




Since I'm still recovering from my cold, I thought I'd make a recipe that would make me feel better. My dad has made this tomato bisque when I have been sick before and it just hit the spot. To add to the delicious creamy tomato soup I made grilled cheese sandwiches to dip in the soup. I didn't add the paprika because I can't handle the heat but added some cheddar cheese on top for extra flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment