Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Introduction


I want to learn how to cook. I have been surrounded by wonderful cooks my whole life (Judy and my grandma Betty) and I have cooked and baked with them but I have never really cooked by myself. Other than the basic pasta, salads and sandwiches. 
This past June, I was over at my cousin Dixie’s house for a pot lock family lunch. I didn’t bring over anything because I didn’t know what to make or how to make it. As I was helping with the dishes, ( my motto is you make it for me, I help with the clean up) my cousin’s roommate, Jamie, asked if I knew how to cook. I laughed and said no. Then she gave me the idea to create a cooking blog. Take simple recipes and learn to make them. Not only make them but post the recipe, ingredients and the experience of each meal. 
So this past summer, I have started to cook. I try to make a meal, mostly with friends, every other week. Im hoping to keep going till the end of the summer or possibly the end of the year. Feel free share the recipes and make suggestions of what I should try. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment